Comparison report of JTI’s vaporizers: complex technical analysis and test of tobacco vaporizers of brand “Ploom”
Complex technical analysis and test of heat-not-burn vaporizers of brand “Ploom”
Date of Report: 14.12.2020
This report provides detailed technical information about the heat-not-burn type of vaporizer devices offered by JTI corporation. Information provided includes technical properties comparison of HnB devices and device performance ratings that was calculated according to the author’s in-house methodology. The list of devices which are pass the research in this report are follows:
1) Ploom S Japanese edition
2) Ploom S Russian edition
3) Ploom S 2.0
Table of contents:
Report introducing 4
Devices description 5
Technical analysis introducing 7
Tests and technical reviews 8
Internal components view 8
Heater review 10
Airflow review 13
Pcb review 15
Battery analisys 19
Feeding signal type and temperature control system analysis 22
Temperature deviation of heater 28
Current consumption of device 31
Battery and device energy efficiency 35
Report conclusion 39
All aspects of performance, construction, and technical components are disclosed and compared.
Tests and devices technical reviews are providing in order to identify innovations, advantages and disadvantages of devices. For an objective and comprehensive research will be used a set of tests that will provide information about the operating characteristics of the device in different work modes. Such tests and reviews will be carrying out:
• Internal components view. This part of report shows inner construction of devices.
• Heater review. The information provided in the report part gives an idea of which types of heaters are most often found in devices from leading manufacturers, and what characteristics these heaters have.
• Airflow review. Detail review of airflows design helps to understand efficient of their structure, ways of air heating and gives opportunity to compare HnB devices airflows designs.
• PCB review. This part of report provides analysis of electronics components which are used in HnB devices.
• Feeding signal type and temperature control system analysis. Researching of electrical signals on heater contact gives information about availability or non-availability of temperature control, feeding signal type and specific heating algorithms.
• Temperature deviation of heater shows how temperature of devices changes during session. Information about temperature on heater gives opportunity to make conclusion about efficient of temperature control system and stability of devices parameters.
• Current consumption of device. This test shows how much power devices consume and shows their reaction on temperature control system activity. As a result, information of average and maximum consumption of current becomes available.
• Battery analysis. This test gives information about quality and properties of batteries which used in devices.
• Battery and device energy efficiency. This test shows how long devices can be active on one full battery load and how long it takes to get full charge. It tells about efficient and economy parameters of devices.
Vape-testing.com Laboratory welcomes all your questions, suggestions, and comments! Our team looks forward to hearing from you and is always here to help. Please feel free to schedule a call with us or complete the form below.